29 April 2008

Where in the world is Steve Gore?

Hola Chicos,

Big thanks to all the early birds that pointed out that Matt Lauer kicked off his annual world tour down here in BsAs. The video is pretty decent, the best part is either Matt Lauer on a moped or when he thanks the tango dancer in Italian (thats right, I'm judging people for their poor espanol).

So where am I right now? I am at the Alamo Bar (again) enjoying their lunch special of sauteed chicken and veggies, fries, ALL YOU CAN DRINK BEER, wifi, a slingbox for US tv and Foghat on the jukebox. Its a hard life down here when the senior manager goes back to the states for two weeks.

In the past week another ADP team, one guy from Belgium and one from Minnesota, have arrived here and they've been a lot of fun to hang out with. On Friday we went to a flamenco show in San Telmo which while maybe not authentic, was very cool and surprsiingly intense. I also checked out the Costanera Sur which is a big nature park right outside BsAs and got my big break into South American television when I got a speaking part in a promo for Puerto Madera. My big line: "Yo quiero venido bailar a Puerto Madero". Look for it on a travel channel advertisement near you.

A week ago we finally hit up the club scene which I actually really enjoyed. It went something like this:
  • 9:00pm: went to Tracy and Cy's, opened first bottle of wine
  • 10:00pm: dinner time, 2nd and 3rd bottle of wine
  • 11:00pm: starting watching the Avs beat the Wild to win their 1st round matchup
  • 1:00am: went to Palermo for a house party
  • 3:00am: got into Crobar VIP (you know how I do)
  • 3:00am - 7:00am: danced my face off / wandered around / got in a fight with flowers
  • 7:00am: went to a breakfast of crepes + french fries (delicious)
  • 8:00am: got home, had 45 minute skype conversation with Ashley in Japan (who I haven't spoken to since graduation)
  • 9:00am: dunzo

Its been good, and its probably gonna get even better. Kyle and Meghan get here in about 21 hours and bring with them promises of all you can eat steak races, Iguazu Falls, Mendoza Wines and the tallest mountain in the Americas: Aconcongua.

I'll end this one with a rhetorical question. How many all you can drink lunches can my $600 US stimulus check buy? A lot.
-Steve


My new favorite building in BsAs


Why do I always take pictures of these things?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know - You take the photos of location/direction signage to reassure your mom that she can find her way around in the world! thanks, mom