20 March 2008

36 Hours in BA

So I've been in BA for about trenta y seis horas and so far I'm very impressed. Its a huge city full of restaurants, bars, markets, trendy looking shops, restaurants, bars, parks, trees, cool looking buildings and some restaurants and bars. It seems like a really easy place walk around and a great place to get lost in, we've seen a bit of recoleta/retiro (where we are staying - for now), palermo and plaza san martin (where the office is).

Turns out it was not a really easy place to fly into. After getting into Atlanta, I settled into my Delta flight down to BA. I was talking to the college girl next to me when I heard the reasurring/exciting sound of the engines revving as we started to take off. Then the slightly less reasurring/exicting sound of the engines stopping, the plane pulling to the side and the pilot saying "everyone stay in your seat, everything is fine". Guess what that means? Everything is NOT fine. Turns out our compressor stalled on the left engine (jury is still out as to whether the engine was actually engulfed in flames) and that makes a plane pretty inoperable.

So back to the gate, waited three hours, got on the new plane, took off, popped an ambien. Woke up with like two hours to go, watched juno, landed, waited half an hour for them to take off someone who came down with some mysterious illness in the air (i'm just as confused about it as you are), got my bags, cleared customs, found the guy with the accenture sign and got to the apart-hotel.

They say half the fun is getting there, so the other half would be walking into my manager's hotel room after that trip to find babies and grandmothers and aunts - oh my. But thats a story for another day. I'll put up some pictures manana.

Hasta

No comments: